Ok, lots of things going on here, it’s been a very hectic month.
1: Busy filling orders from the ‘Black Friday’ sale. Every time I think I’m catching up I get another pile of fresh orders. I can’t seem to get under 5-6 pending orders that I have to build product for. Moving as fast as I can.
2: The new bench displays will be delayed a week in shipping. I found out that I accidentally started building with an 8mhz crystal instead of the correct 16mhz crystal. This causes it to run at half speed and may be related to some goofy problems that customers are reporting with the pre-production units. The correct part is on order, will be here in a few days, and then I’ll get shipping.
3: I’m almost out of stock on solenoid testers, special solenoid testers, and switch matrix testers. These are all due for a redesign. The switch tester I did have a small run of surface mounts style ones that I already did, and a fresh run of 100pcs is on order with revised dimensions. The solenoid and special solenoid testers are moving to surface mount parts now too, which necessitates them NOT using the same basic PCB any longer. The solenoid testers were ordered at the same time as the switch matrix boards. The special solenoid boards I’ll order next week, so there may an availability gap as I’m down to the very last one right now. It just worked out good for me timing wise due to the new pick and place being ordered. Great opportunity to move more stuff to the surface mount line due to timing, worst case I can go with tweezers for a bit too until I get the machine up to speed. You’ll like the new designs I hope. More info when they start rolling in.
4: The new pick and place machine will be here Tuesday, but I’m also waiting on a new PC to run it with, which should ship on Monday or Tuesday and be here late next week. Exciting stuff there. Heck it’s even almost paid off already too, bonus!
5: Ooops, I broke the shopping car for international customers. For the time being, if you live outside the USA, you may get some errors during checkout. If that happens just e-mail me and I can do a paypal invoice to work around the problem until its fixed.